Hi Friends. Ashleigh here.
I’m excited to announce that on October 5th we start our second book in our Ungrind Book Club.
A book club fits Ungrind’s purpose perfectly. It’s our desire to churn out weekly encouragement that helps you, as Colossians 1:10 says, “to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of Him.” A great way to do this is to engage with one another in discussion.
Our fall selection is Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole by Angie Smith. This book was released by B&H Publishing earlier this month.
This fall, Mended will take us “on a journey to show how faith lived in the regular events of daily life is all that it takes to be a part of creating God’s picture of redemption in your life and those around you. Your life does make a difference — because of how He is magnified in the cracks.” I’m excited about all we’ll learn in the pages of this book.
To find out more about Mended, here’s the book’s trailer:
Here are the dates each chapter discussion starts. Watch for our posts on these dates.
- October 5th: Intro and Chapters 1-2
- October 12th: Chapters 3-5
- October 19th: Chapters 6-8
- October 26th: Chapters 9-11:
- November 2nd: Chapters 12-14
- November 9th: Chapters 15-17:
- November 16th: Chapters 18-20
- November 23rd: Break for Thanksgiving
- November 29th: Chapters 21-23
- December 7th: Chapters 24-26
- December 14th: Chapters 27-29
- December 21st: Chapters 30-31 and Wrap-up
Enter Our Giveaway!
To kick off our fall book club, we have one copy of Mended to give away. To enter for a chance to win it:
- Leave a blog comment. No need to answer a question, just let us know you’d like to win it.
One additional entry can be earned for each of these:
- Tweet about our book club on Twitter. Be sure to tag @ungrind in your tweet and we’ll thank you here in a comment, which will add your additional entry.
- Share about our book club on Facebook. In your status update, be sure to tag us. Again, we’ll thank you here in a comment, which will add your additional entry.
- Use the box on the top of the sidebar on this page to subscribe to our email updates. Leave a comment to tell us you did.
This contest closes on Friday, September 21st, 2012, at 12 a.m. Our apologies to our international readers, but it’s only open to those residing in the United States