I love a good book club. And, as the busy mom of four kids under the age of 8, I love a virtual book club even more. It’s practical for me at this stage in my life.
A book club fits Ungrind’s purpose perfectly. It’s our desire to churn out weekly encouragement that helps you, as Colossians 1:10 says, “to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of Him.” A great way to do this is to engage with one another in discussion.
We do have some ground rules for our book club. They are:
- If you must “blurk,” feel free to. But we’d much rather have you as an active participant. It’s just more fun that way.
- We’d love for you to have a copy of the book, but if you don’t, that’s OK. You’re welcome to read the posts and respond to the questions.
- Stay on topic. We want to hear personal anecdotes, but be sure they don’t distract from the main points of the discussion.
- It’s OK to disagree with or challenge another member, but do so respectfully. The overall environment of our book club should be one of encouragement. One way to do this is with the “feedback sandwich” — layer praise, then critique, then praise.
- When mentioning our book club on Twitter, please include the hashtag #ungrindbookclub.
Our current selection is Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole by Angie Smith. In spring 2012, we finished our first book club selection, Reshaping It All: Motivation for Physical and Spiritual Fitness by Candace Cameron Bure with Darlene Schacht. To view our discussions on Reshaping It All, visit here.
We look forward to having you pull up a chair, open your copy of the book, and read with us!
Become An Insider!
Welcome to Ungrind!
Hi, I'm Ashleigh Slater, founder and editor of Ungrind. Here at Ungrind, it’s our goal to churn out biblically-based encouragement for women. We strive to be honest and transparent about our struggles in a way that inspires hope, faith, and perseverance.
We’re taking a publishing break!
Hi Readers, If you’ve noticed that we haven’t published any new content recently, it’s because we’re taking a publishing break....
When Doing Justly, Loving Mercy, and Walking Humbly Stand at Odds
If your compassion far exceeds your capacity, here's one way you can be sure to do justly, love mercy, and...
Facing Our Fears in Motherhood
Do you have fears tied to motherhood? If so, here's encouragement for you.
He Gives Shade To The Weary
If anxiety is a struggle for you right now, remember that He gives shade to the weary.
I want to live a more uncomfortable, dangerously vulnerable life — even if it means a few “blood-sucking worms” (or...
The Mom Trap
Are you so concerned with being a great mom, that you've fallen into this trap?
When One Suffers . . .
Just as a physical pain grows and is gradually felt throughout the body, it is the same when one suffers...
What Women Are Saying
--Rachel Starr Thomson, author of Heart to Heart: Meeting With God in the Lord's Prayer
We are a member of the Amazon affiliate program and regularly use affiliate links. If you purchase an item from an Amazon link we provide, we will receive a small referral commission. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. We only share books, music, and products that our writers personally have used and highly recommend.